Tuesday, May 3, 2011

And it begins...

Ready... Set... I have wanted to start a blog for about a year now. But as the busy, stay-home mom of five little boys, it seems there is always something that has stood in the way. Feeding and dressing children, diaper changes, dishes that need washing, sorting clean and dirty laundry, and the endless other tasks of motherhood have taken priority over web time for me, and the blog was put on hold. But last weekend the writer in me was re-awakened as I was asked to compile memories to be shared at my grandma's funeral tomorrow. As I put my thoughts on paper and then typed them up, I was reminded how therapeutic writing can be! And no one needs a therapeutic outlet more than a woman who spends her days meeting the demands of five very young, needy, precious little boys (we are one short in the picture on this blog because our youngest was not on the planet yet)! With a little encouragement from my sweet husband, I decided to try it. So this blog is to be my outlet, my sanity. My first entry is going to be my thoughts and memories about my grandma, the writing of which inspired me again to blog in the first place. Here it goes!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh good! We're going to love reading you. Can't wait, so write, write write! Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Erin, you are such a good writer. I'm glad that you get this creative outlet, but I also feel very lucky to get to read your thoughts from time to time!

    ReplyDelete