Monday, December 5, 2011

Mom's Last Haircut

Mom would probably HATE that I'm putting these pictures on my blog, but as far as I know these were the last pictures that were taken of her while she lived. She would think she looked fat; really she was just retaining water from her cancer and the meds--NOT her fault, NOT in her control. Oh well, it's my blog and she's not here to stop me. And it's being posted with love because I want to remember her!
BEFORE:


It was October 22nd, and she had just been to the temple with Jamilyn and Nathan. They came straight from there to our house, where Mom asked if I would give her an ultra-short "do." She said her hair was just falling out all over the place, so she wanted it barely long enough for a funny little "faux-hawk."
AFTER:


Cheesy, happy Mom! Love and miss you, funny little faux-hawk. It sure did make her happy!

3 comments:

  1. I love that haircut you gave her! I bet that felt so good! What a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post both warms and hurts my heart. That was a great day and a good memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so homesick for your mom lately. I am having some trouble with my cancer fight, and I just wished I could talk to her - it makes no sense, I know- but today I had to find a way to connect with her. I am so happy to read your blog and see her.
    I hope all the Beckstrom's are well. I sure think of you all, and love you.

    ReplyDelete