Friday, August 26, 2011

Welcome back, little sink!

I'd like to issue a warm "welcome back" to the bottom of my kitchen sink. It has been paying a visit to the underworld, under a world of dishes. Ten days' worth, if my count is right. Don't judge me too harshly, it has not been strictly neglect on my part that has caused it's absence. This has been one of the busier weeks of our year. And I have done a load of dishes nearly every day since it disappeared. It just wasn't enough to dig it out. But at long last, after 2 loads of dishes yesterday morning, another by my husband after dinner (thanks Jon!), a bedtime load, and one this morning, we said "hello" once more.

Now, dear kitchen sink, your face is clean and bright again, and you smile at me forgiving-ly. Maybe you understand. Maybe you sympathize with my busy, mother lifestyle. Or maybe I am just nuts enough to imagine that we are friends (you are, after all, just a sink!). But one thing is for sure, one load of dishes per day is no longer enough to keep you present in my life. Time for me to step it up, if we're going to keep up our renewed relationship!

2 comments:

  1. That is the best love note ever!!

    I just discovered this website called flylady.net ...it may change my life..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture at the top. That turned out so cute! Haha, this was hilarious and I am amazed at all you do and how you do it with such ease. I look up to you so much!! Glad the sink is back!

    ReplyDelete