Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Not-So-Broken Heart

Last night during our family scripture study, Jon and I were teaching the boys about what it means to have a "broken heart and a contrite spirit." We were explaining to them our need to willingly submit our lives to God, like how a horse obeys its master after is has been "broken," or how we mind ourselves after we have "broken" a bad habit. I thought the older kids were just starting to get it, and it seemed the younger two weren't paying any attention. But then I noticed Samuel frowning up at a picture of Jesus on our wall, and he said something I didn't understand. I asked him to repeat himself and he looked at me with the same frown and said, "Mom, Jesus not gonna broke me!"
I wanted to laugh rolling on the floor, and at the same time I wanted to cry! Of course he is too young to understand the concept we'd been discussing, but he didn't want the Lord to "break" him, the way he understands breaking! Oh, it was just too funny! I love you, Sam, and the darling things you say!

3 comments:

  1. So Cute! We just love and miss your little family. We will see you in one short month though! Hooray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed so hard when Paula told me this story. I love Sam too!

    ReplyDelete